High School Hoops Tournament Round-up
High school basketball tournaments took over the state athletic scene this weekend.
In the McGuinness Classic, the host school’s boys team took down Norman High 51-29 to advance to the tournament’s title game.
The Putnam City Invitational featured some of the team’s best talent and boys teams this year.
OKC Storm’s Chauncey Collins’ 47 point effort was not enough to lift his team over Tulsa Union in double overtime, Union advanced to the title game with a 84-81 win.
In the game after that at Putnam City West high school, the host school beat Lawton Eisenhower 62-54.
P. C. West played with out star player, Omega Harris.
Harris will be back next week after missing the tournament for some off the court issues.
West will face Union for the Putnam City Invitational title.
In the girls’ bracket for the Putnam City Inviational, Union’s girls team defeated Putnam City High 52-40.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger