Cowgirls Hold Off Horned Frogs At Home
Oklahoma State’s 11th-ranked women’s basketball team started the game on a 12-0 run and never trailed in a 65-53 win over TCU on Tuesday night at Gallagher-Iba Arena in Stillwater.
Senior point guard Tiffany Bias led OSU with 23 points and four assists.
Bias also made five three-pointers and moved into the top 10 on the Cowgirls’ career scoring list.
Roshunda Johnson added 12 points and hit a pair of three-pointers, while Brittany Atkins was the only other Cowgirl to reach double figures in scoring with 11.
OSU held TCU to just 28 percent field goal shooting in the first half, and outscored the Horned Frogs 13-0 in fast break points.
The Cowgirls led by 15 at halftime and after an early second half run by the Frogs, were never threatened again.
OSU improves to 15-1 overall, and 4-1 in Big 12 play.
The Cowgirls host Texas Tech next at noon on Saturday.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'