Guthrie football star wins ‘Mr. Football’ award
GUTHRIE, Okla. – A senior at Guthrie High School was recently awarded a special honor by Shelter Insurance.
Kai Callins, from Guthrie High School, was named the 2013 Shelter Insurance Mr. Football Oklahoma.
Callins led the Guthrie Bluejays to a Class 5A state championship and an undefeated season.
Rafe Watkins, Guthrie’s head coach, said, “Kai is an outstanding young man and to have the game he had in the state championship after coming back from a knee injury was incredible.”
Callins beat out Landon Nault, from Kingfisher High School, and Papi White, from Seminole High School, for the award.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse