Mountain climber reaches summit for Moore tornado victims
MOORE, Okla. - A man determined to climb the highest mountain in the Western Hemisphere to raise awareness for Moore tornado victims has reached the summit.
Last year, the photo of Ryan Kushner holding a laminated sign at the peak of Mt. McKinley went viral.
While that climb raised awareness for the victims, Kushner said he wanted to really make a difference.
He decided to team up with “Serve Moore” to use his next climb to raise money for storm victims.
On Wednesday morning, Kushner’s mother says her son made it to the summit of Mt. Aconcagua.
Organizers say he tackled the most dangerous route to the top.
No word on how much money he raised for Oklahoma victims.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring