Oklahoma companies make list of ’100 Best Companies to Work For’
OKLAHOMA CITY – A popular company in Oklahoma City will likely be receiving a few more resumes after a new distinction.
Devon Energy has been named one of the ’100 Best Companies to Work For’ by Fortune Magazine for the seventh straight year.
Trey Rowe, an employee at Devon, said, “The gym that we have, the office spaces, the collaboration spaces are fantastic.”
Through classes and spending time with other employees at the gym, Lowe says he’s developed lasting relationships with his coworkers.
Tiffany McGowan, who works at Paycom, says she benefits from similar perks.
McGowan said, “We do events all the time. I joke that I have not had to buy a t-shirt since joining the team two and a half years ago because we celebrate everything we can.”
Paycom rewards its employees with an on campus gym with a daily bootcamp, basketball courts and a track.
Also, lunch is catered every day and employee health insurance costs just $1.
Tana Cashion, the vice president of Devon, stresses the importance of competitive benefits.
She says it is very important to provide employees with perks to keep employee retention up, along with maintaining a competitive company.
Other Oklahoma companies to make the Fortune 500 list include Tulsa-based Quik- Trip at number 48.
Chesapeake Energy came in at number 51 and Devon made the list at 56.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- 'Super' exercise helps mother lose 110 pounds, secret in 'core'
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom