Oklahoma finding out new bills for next session today; Storm shelters, governor term limit
OKLAHOMA CITY – Oklahoma will get a look at the full list of new bills up for consideration during the next legislative session at the State Capitol Friday.
The deadline to file new legislation was Thursday at 4 p.m.
Later Friday we’ll find out the exact number of pending bills.
Among them, a proposal to fund storm shelters in every school across the state, cutting legislative pay in half and limiting the governor to one term.
These bills and others will hit the floor when the new legislative session begins Feb. 3.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger