NEW: Fire crews battle wildfire in SE Oklahoma City
OKLAHOMA CITY - Fire crews responded to a grass fire in SE Oklahoma City near south Luther Rd. just before 4 p.m.
When crews arrived on scene the fire was spreading from the grass to several trees in the area.
Crews currently have fire engines blocking structures near the fire to protect them.
Around 4:15 p.m. crews were forced to call for additional engines in order to keep the fire at bay.
According to fire investigators, crews believe the fire started with a trash brush-pile catching fire.
Crews are still on scene, but we are told the fire is under control.
It’s still extremely windy outside, and that can make even a small fire burn out of control.
Fire officials are urging not to burn anything until the weather calms down.
NewsChannel4 has sent a crew to the scene. Check back for more details.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online