Sooner Men Hang On To Upset Baylor In Waco
The OU men’s basketball team just avoided an overtime forcing shot from Baylor to pull off a 66-64 upset win over the Bears.
Sooner senior Cameron Clark deflected a pass that took enough time off the clock for Royce O’neal’s shot to go in just after the buzzer sounded.
The 25th ranked Sooners pulled off the program’s first win versus a team ranked in the top 12 on the road since 1993.
Buddy Hield led the game with 19 points, scoring all 19 in the second half, and sparked several Sooner scoring runs in the win.
OU improves to 14-4 overall and 3-2 in Big 12 play.
The Sooners host TCU at the Lloyd Noble Center on Wednesday, January 22, at 8 p.m. CT.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger