Lankford to run for Coburn’s Senate seat? Making announcement this afternoon
OKLAHOMA CITY – Speculation is growing today about Congressman James Lankford running for the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by Tom Coburn.
NewsChannel4s Kevin Ogle is reporting the announcement by Lankford; the announcement could come as early as tomorrow.
Congressman Lankford is a republican from Oklahoma City and has in a short time become one of the high-profile members of the U.S. House of Representatives.
Senator Coburn said last week he will not finish out the last two years of his six-year term.
Coburn who is also a physician is being treated for a re-occurrence of prostate cancer.
For more information about Coburn’s retirement click here.
KFOR.com & Kevin Ogle were the first to bring you this story.
Look for NewsChannel4 to bring you latest information on Coburn’s seat.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger