Fatalities reported in Omaha feed plant explosion
OMAHA, Nebraska – Workers remain trapped inside an animal feed processing plant in Nebraska – after an explosion sent nearly a dozen people to the hospital.
The explosion and fire rocked the plant in Omaha around ten this morning. The explosion caused part of a concrete tower to collapse.
Firefighters are trying to shore up the building so they can search for people who may have been trapped by the blast or falling debris.
We know there are some deaths, but officials are not giving a number.
So far, a firefighter and nine other patients have been taken to the hospital.
But there may be more casualties since a number of workers remain unaccounted for.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him