Explosion at Oklahoma plant kills two, injures one
MADILL, Okla. – Investigators are still looking into an accident that killed two people in southern Oklahoma.
On Monday, authorities were called to the Mid-American Steel and Wire plant in Madill after learning about an explosion at the facility.
Officials say two people were killed in the blast and one other person was injured.
Fortunately, that person was treated and released from the hospital.
Investigators say natural gas is used at the factory but there is no word on whether that is linked to the explosion.
Investigators from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration are still working to determine an exact cause.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him