UPDATE: Oklahoma politicians announce plans to run for soon-to-be open House, Senate seats
OKLAHOMA CITY – Local politicians are racing to announce if they will run for two soon-to-be open seats in the House and Senate.
Sen. Tom Coburn announced he is retiring to spend more time with his family after this session.
Congressman James Lankford announced he would be seeking Coburn’s seat in the coming election.
That opens his congressional spot.
Running for Sen. Tom Coburn’s U.S. Senate seat:
- Sen. Connie Johnson (Democrat) announced that she is looking into the possibility of running for Coburn’s seat in the U.S. Senate.
Running for Rep. James Lanksford’s U.S. House seat:
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online
- Doll with 'real' body proportions gains support, crowd funded in just 24 hours