Study: Quinoa may be a safe grain for people with Celiac disease
New research suggests quinoa may be a safe grain for people with Celiac disease.
Celiac patients must avoid foods with gluten. Wheat, barley, and rye what Celiac patients have to avoid because they damage the small intestine and prevent the body from absorbing nutrients into the bloodstream.
But, it wasn’t well-known if quinoa would have the same effects.
British scientists added two ounces of quinoa a day to the gluten-free-diets of 19 Celiac patients for six weeks.
The grain was well tolerated by all of the patients and it did not worsen their condition.
Experts say more studies are needed to determine the long-term effects of eating quinoa for people with Celiac Disease.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'