Thunder honoring our nation’s service members with annual military appreciation night Monday
OKLAHOMA CITY – The Oklahoma City Thunder will hold its sixth annual Military Appreciation Night on Monday as the team takes on the Atlanta Hawks.
The whole evening will be devoted to honoring and showing appreciation for our nation’s service members.
The game tips off at 7 p.m. at Chesapeake Energy Arena.
Events honoring the nation’s troops and our veterans will include a special Thunder Cares auction and raffle, in-game recognition of military personnel, an exclusive T-shirt offer and more.
More than 900 military personnel and families will be in attendance at Monday’s game, thanks to hundreds of Thunder Season Ticket members who chose to give away their tickets for the night.
In addition, 75 children of military personnel, identified by the Airman and Family Readiness Center at Tinker, will be able to attend the game through player-donated tickets as part of the team’s Tickets for Kids program.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him