SWAT team surrounding Norman home where man is threatening to kill himself, others
NORMAN, Okla. – The SWAT Team has surrounded a Norman home after a man has allegedly threatened to kill himself and has barricaded himself inside.
Norman Police said one of the man’s relatives called his doctor and said the suspect took a number of medications and was threatening to kill himself and anyone else, including officers, if anyone tried to get into the house.
According to Norman officials, the man has a diagnosed mental health disorder.
Authorities are trying to make contact with the man on the 1600 block of Farmington Ave. near 24th Ave. S.W. and Highway 9.
Refresh this story and watch NewsChannel 4 for the latest updates.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger