VIDEO: Tulsa man attacks trooper during arrest, takes 2 more troopers to handcuff suspect
TULSA, Okla. – A trooper is recovering and a Tulsa man is behind bars after he allegedly attacked an Oklahoma Highway Patrolman early Friday morning.
KJRH reported a state trooper pulled over 45-year-old Billy Miller for swerving in and out his lane at about 2 a.m.
The trooper said Miller appeared to be intoxicated.
According to KJRH, the trooper tried to arrest Miller when he attacked and hit the patrolman in the head several times.
Officials said it took the help of two other troopers to get Miller into handcuffs.
Authorities said they found drugs in Miller’s car including enough cocaine to charge him with intent to distribute.
The trooper’s name has not been confirmed but he is expected to recover.
Miller is now facing DUI charges as well as possession of cocaine with intent to distribute, obstruction, resisting arrest, battery on an officer, possession of drug paraphernalia, improper lane use and maintaining a vehicle where drugs were kept.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'