Two troopers shot, suspect killed in Del City chase, gun fight
DEL CITY, Okla. – Two Oklahoma Highway Patrolmen are recovering after being shot in a gunfight during a chase with a suspect overnight.
According to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol, troopers were chasing a driver in a white van who refused to stop on I-35.
The chase continued to I-40 and Sunnylane and the driver finally stopped in the area of S.E. 9th St. on Sunnylane.
He didn’t give up there.
Authorities said the suspect shot at officers and they shot back.
“Both troopers were shot, one in the face and the other in the leg,” OHP Lt. Brian Orr said. “They both were transported to area hospitals, both in stable condition.”
Troopers shot and killed the suspect.
Authorities have not released the suspect’s name.
Patrolmen are still investigating why the suspect was running from troopers.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich