OSU coach counting on votes to make it to the next round
STILLWATER, Okla. – While many fans probably know Travis Ford’s teams from the basketball court, he is hoping to make it to the next round of a special competition that has nothing to do with basketball.
Ford is supporting Big Brothers Big Sisters in the “Infiniti Coaches’ Charity Challenge.”
During the challenge, fans can vote for their favorite coach to win $100,000 for their choice of charity.
Coaches with the most votes advance to the next round of competition.
Currently, the first round consists of 48 coaches, which will be cut down to a field of 24 coaches in the second round.
Travis Ford appears to be in the No. 21 spot, meaning he would advance to the next round.
Fans can vote for their favorite each day.
- Round 2 voting runs from 1/27 at 12:00PM – 2/16 at 10:59AM.
- Round 3 voting runs from 2/17 at 12:00PM – 3/2 at 10:59AM.
- Final Four voting runs from 3/3 at 12:00PM – 3/16 at 10:59AM.
Infiniti has already donated $1,000 to each charity.
However, coaches who make it to the second round will receive $7,500 for their charity.
To learn more about the competition, or to vote in the next round, visit ESPN’s website.
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Oklahoma father finds mother, 3-year-old daughter dead in garage, saves 5-year-old son
- UPDATE: Did one of Oklahoma's famous couples find another home in a different state?