At least one to hospital after fire sparks at south Oklahoma City nursing home
OKLAHOMA CITY – At least one person is being checked out at the hospital after a fire at a nursing home Tuesday.
Officials said the fire at the South Park Health Care Center started in or near the office just before noon.
Fire crews evacuated the building near S.W. 59th St. and S. May Ave. and said the sprinkler system was a very important part of quickly putting out the flames.
Authorities said at least one resident was taken to the hospital for breathing in too much smoke.
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- Oklahoma father finds mother, 3-year-old daughter dead in garage, saves 5-year-old son
- UPDATE: Did one of Oklahoma's famous couples find another home in a different state?
- Doll with 'real' body proportions gains support, crowd funded in just 24 hours