No foul play suspected after couple found dead, neighbors still uneasy
OKLAHOMA CITY – Police are searching for answers after a couple is discovered dead inside their south Oklahoma City apartment complex.
Neighbors watched in shock as police carried the bodies away and began searching the apartment.
Sgt. Jennifer Wardlow said “There are two deceased people inside the apartment, a male and a female, but as far as what their cause of death actually was, again, that’s something that the ME would determine. But we don’t think there’s anything suspicious in nature.”
Despite that assurance, neighbors are still uneasy.
“I live, literally, in the building next door, so I mean if this was something random then it could have easily been me,” said Victoria Baxley. “So, it makes me really scared to live here.”
Police don’t have much to go on right now.
There were no signs of foul play and no obvious trauma.
The longer homicide detectives stayed, the more nervous neighbors became of the situation.
“It makes me not want to live here no more. Scary,” Desiree Parks said. “Like, that could have been us instead of somebody else.”
Neighbors also told us they feel the safety of this community has gotten worse in recent years.
Parks said, “It makes me scared because usually I go down to my sister’s but now it make me not want to come outside. I just want to stay in the house and just try to be safe.”
The bodies are now at the Oklahoma State Medical Examiner’s Office.
Officials at the office will determine an exact cause and manner of death for the couple.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger