Cold front comes tonight, and fire danger will remain HIGH
Mostly cloudy and mild conditions will exist tonight for much of the state, however a front will push into the state bringing cooler weather for Friday.
Fire danger will remain very high through the week with breezy to windy conditions.
Colder air filters in this weekend as a shift in the jet stream brings in a more active weather pattern.
Temps will drop into the lower 30s Sunday as a storm system tracks over the state. A light winter mix will be possible over the area.
A powerful winter storm is likely for Tuesday and Wednesday.
This system could bring accumulating snow and a blast of arctic air. Latest indications for this storm suggest several inches of snow possible through central Oklahoma.
Another winter storm is possible next Friday into Saturday.
Stay tuned for the latest!
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him