KFOR-TV/KAUT-TV has an immediate opening for a photojournalist.
The primary responsibility of a News Photojournalist is to shoot and edit news stories under extreme deadline pressure. Two years’ experience in TV news and sports photography and editing required.
1. Insures the highest quality pictures and sound for all stories shot.
2. Works alone or with a reporter/anchor/producer/or writer to produce the story for air.
3. Ability to operates ENG live truck, SNG truck and/or news vehicles.
4. Maintains inventory of all assigned equipment and responsible for its upkeep.
5. Responsible for the maintenance of station assigned vehicle.
6. Submits story ideas daily.
7. Must be available to work station promotion events.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 1. A valid Oklahoma Driver’s License.
- 2. Have experience with nonlinear editing systems.
- 3. Ability to carry and operate equipment weighing over 65 pounds.
- 4. Must be able to work under extreme pressure, stress and deadlines.
- 5. Must be able and willing to work any shift, including, but not limited to nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
- 6. Ability to shoot and edit videotape under any type weather condition or deadlines.
- 7. Experience with ENG live truck, SNG truck and/or news vehicles.
Ability to carry and operate equipment weighing over 65 pounds while videotaping subjects in various situations. Good manual dexterity in order to operate numerous small buttons and keys on cameras, computers and other such equipment. Good eyesight to shoot and compile stories. Hearing to communicate with station personnel and others via telephone and in person. Must be able to work under extreme pressure, stress, deadlines, and adverse weather conditions.
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES:
The foregoing is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require it.
Apply online, search in the business unit section for KFOR/KAUT to see listing.
Tribune is an Equal Opportunity Employer