Cyclones Edge Sooners in Ames
Iowa State outscored Oklahoma’s men’s basketball team by 16 in the paint, and overcame a 13-rebound deficit to beat the Sooners 81-75 on Saturday afternoon at Hilton Coliseum in Ames, Iowa.
The Cyclones hit 10 3-pointers and had four players in double figure scoring, led by Georges Niang’s 27 points.
Oklahoma got a career high 30 points from Buddy Hield, who hit five 3-pointers and also grabbed 7 rebounds.
Isaiah Cousins had a double-double with 13 points and 10 rebounds, and Jordan Woodard added 10 points and 7 assists.
OU outrebounded Iowa State 46-33, but had 14 turnovers, which ISU turned into 17 points.
Oklahoma drops to 17-5 on the season, 6-3 in the Big 12.
Iowa State improved to 16-4, 4-4 in the conference.
The Sooners visit West Virginia for a 6:00 tipoff on Wednesday night.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring