Oscar-winning actor Maximilian Schell dies at 83
Austrian actor Maximilian Schell, who won an Academy Award for his role as a German defense attorney in the 1961 film “Judgment at Nuremberg,” has died at age 83.
The Vienna-born actor died overnight at a clinic in Innsbruck as the result of a “sudden and serious illness,” his agent, Patricia Baumbauer, told the Austria Press Agency on Saturday.
One of the best known foreign actors in U.S. films, Schell starred on stage and screen on both sides of the Atlantic after growing up in Switzerland, where his family settled to escape the Nazis after Germany’s 1938 annexation of Austria.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him