The Band Perry to pay for burial of mom, 8 children killed in fire
The Band Perry has stepped in to help with expenses to bury a mother and eight children who were killed in a house fire in Greenville, Kentucky.
The offer follows news that only two family members, the father, Chad J. Watson, and an 11-year-old girl – survived the fire Thursday morning.
The country trio’s representatives contacted the Watson family and offered to take care of all the expenses, Watson family friend Pam Burden said. The group also offered to pay hotel expenses for family members staying near the medical center where the two are being treated, she said.
“I don’t know why The Band Perry reached out to the family other than they are just very gracious,” Burden said. “The family doesn’t have any personal connection to the band before now.”
The Band Perry’s publicist, Brian Bumbery, confirmed the group’s offer.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him