Good Sport: You won’t believe how much one man lost on the Super Bowl
HOUSTON, Texas (CNN) – When it comes to buying new furniture, you could end up spending thousands on a new style for your home.
Well, those styles suddenly became much cheaper for several Texas homeowners.
Jim “Mattress Mack” McIngvale made a big bet with his customers that the Denver Broncos would win the Super Bowl.
If they lost, every customer who purchased at least $6,000 worth of furniture would get a refund.
In the end, the Seattle Seahawks blew out the Broncos 43 to 8.
Now, McIngvale says sticking to his bet cost him $7 million.
However, he says it was worth it.
He said, “I’m really trying to create customers for life and trying to make the store relevant and fun. And it was a great fun promotion for everybody. And the customer won and that’s what it’s all about.”
This wasn’t McIngvale’s first time losing to customers on a big bet.
He says he coughed up $600,000 in a similar deal in the past.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him