Thousands of pounds of beef recalled for E. coli, sold in Oklahoma stores & restaurants
OKLAHOMA CITY – A Dallas-based food company is recalling 16,000 pounds of beef because of possible E. coli contamination.
Patterson Food Processors is recalling beef products that were made on Dec. 5, 2013 at Texas Meat Packers in Ft. Worth.
The products were shipped to stores and restaurants in Arizona, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico and Texas.
According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service, the products may be contaminated with the following strains of E. coli:
- E. coli O103
- E. coli O111
- E. coli O121
- E. coli O145
- E. coli O26
- E. coli O45.
Officials say the possible contamination represents a high health risk.
The following products are part of the recall:
- 10.5 lb boxes of Beef Outside Skirt Steak, with a package date of 12/13/13.
- 20 lb boxes of Studio Movie Grill Beef Tenderloin Sliced, with a package date of 12/05/13.
- 15 lb boxes of Preseasoned Beef of Fajita, with a use by date of 1/13/14.
- 40 lb boxes of Southwest Style Beef Skirts, with a package date of 12/5/13.
- 20 lb boxes of Patterson Food Processors Beef Skirt Seasoned, with a package date of 12/9/13.
- 10 lb boxes of Preseasoned Beef for Fajitas, with a package date of 12/9/13.
- 40 lb boxes of Preseasoned Beef for Fajitas w/Binder, with a package date of 12/9/13.
- 12 lb boxes of Seasoned Beef for Fajitas, containing six 2 lb packs with a use by date of 1/15/14.
- 12 lb boxes of Mexican Style Beef for Fajita, containing six 2 lb packs with a use by date of 1/11/14.
The products can be identified by the establishment number, “Est. 34715″ inside the USDA Mark of Inspection.
At this time, no reports of illness have been confirmed.
The USDA says most people who become infected with the bacteria suffer bloody diarrhea and vomiting for up to a week.
Patients are treated with “vigorous rehydration.”
Consumers with questions about the recall may call 817-546-3561.
For more information, visit the USDA’s website.
- Oklahoma father finds mother, 3-year-old daughter dead in garage, saves 5-year-old son
- UPDATE: Did one of Oklahoma's famous couples find another home in a different state?
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- Man sues McDonald's for $1.5 million over napkin incident