Salvation Army, agencies offer shelter for those in need
OKLAHOMA CITY – As several people are trying to keep warm throughout this latest round of winter weather, a local agency is helping those without heat.
The Salvation Army announced that its shelters are open as Emergency Warming Centers 24 hours a day.
The agency’s social services office and food pantry will also open to the public at 10 a.m.
For more information on the Salvation Army, visit the agency’s website.
Also, the Bethel Foundation announced its food bank will be open until 5 p.m. for families and those in need of food.
The foundation is located at 13003 N. Western Ave. in Oklahoma City.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger