Singing Big Mouth Bass scares away burglar
MINNESOTA – A would be burglar was stopped in his tracks while trying to break into a bait and tackle shop in Minnesota.
Thanks to “Big Mouth Billy Bass” and his rendition of “Take me to the River,” the motion activated fish got the best of the burglar.
Store owner Tom Allen says he left hooked on fishing some time after 4:30 Sunday evening. When he returned the next day the entrance door was open.
“When I saw Billy Bass on the floor that something really was up and then when I tried to close the door and it wouldn’t close at all I just knew Billy Bass had done his job and let somebody know that it wasn’t just empty or something.”
Allen also says, “With all the modern technology we have today with alarm systems, who would have thought Billy the Bass would save the day?”
“Now he’s my good luck charm and I’m going to keep Billy until he can’t sing no more.”
The door was damaged during the attempted burglary but nothing was stolen from the business.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online