Students dance “For the Kids” to raise money
STILLWATER, Okla. – The third annual Dance Marathon for the Children’s Hospital Foundation will start Saturday, Feb. 8, at 10 a.m. in the Colvin Annex at Oklahoma State University.
The 12-hour event will include a variety of activities including live music and student and community performances, all dedicated to building awareness and fundraising for the Children’s Hospital Foundation.
The Dance Marathon motto is “For the Kids” and embraces the idea that students have the ability to change lives and support a cause greater than themselves.
Several volunteers and committees actively fundraiser year round through awareness events and by engaging in community activities.
Dance Marathon raised over $45,000 at OSU in 2013, and is becoming one of the largest and most successful philanthropic events of its kind in the nation.
Students can register for the Dance Marathon by going to okstatedm.org.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns