Students dance “For the Kids” to raise money
STILLWATER, Okla. – The third annual Dance Marathon for the Children’s Hospital Foundation will start Saturday, Feb. 8, at 10 a.m. in the Colvin Annex at Oklahoma State University.
The 12-hour event will include a variety of activities including live music and student and community performances, all dedicated to building awareness and fundraising for the Children’s Hospital Foundation.
The Dance Marathon motto is “For the Kids” and embraces the idea that students have the ability to change lives and support a cause greater than themselves.
Several volunteers and committees actively fundraiser year round through awareness events and by engaging in community activities.
Dance Marathon raised over $45,000 at OSU in 2013, and is becoming one of the largest and most successful philanthropic events of its kind in the nation.
Students can register for the Dance Marathon by going to okstatedm.org.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- 'Super' exercise helps mother lose 110 pounds, secret in 'core'
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom