PICTURES: See what it’s like at Opening Ceremony in Sochi
Credit: NBC Olympics
Light shows and music filled the air where eighty-eight nations took part in the Parade of Nations.
United States Parade of Nations Parade of Nations is when each country participating in the games walks into Olympic Stadium with their nation’s flag and the participating athletes. In this case there were Eighty-eight nations.
Gallery of Lodwick carrying flag The United States picked six-time Olympian Todd Lodwick to be the team’s flagbearer at the opening ceremony for the Sochi Games.
See more of the Parade of Nations.
Best of Opening Ceremony Several different performances occurred at the Opening Ceremony, including an all male performance from The Ministry of International Affairs Choir. Their choir performed a popular song titled “Get Lucky” by Daft Punk. Daft Punk is a French electronic music duo consisting of musicians Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Thomas Bangalter.
Best uniforms from the Sochi Olympic Opening Ceremony Uniforms at the 2014 Sochi Olympics are a representation of the nation and a sign of the times. Take a look at some of the best Olympic uniforms at Opening Ceremony.
Be sure to check out our Olympic Zone where you can meet the athletes, tour the venues, check-out the new sporting events and even get some Team USA workout tips.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online