Samuel L. Jackson goes off on anchor for confusing him with another actor during interview
LOS ANGELES (KTLA) – An entertainment reporter in Los Angeles had no idea a mistake during a high-profile interview would go viral.
Sam Rubin, an anchor for KTLA, apologized Monday after a mistake during a live interview with Samuel L. Jackson.
Rubin had asked Jackson, “Did you get a lot of reaction to that Super Bowl commercial?”
“What Super Bowl commercial?” Jackson asked. “You’re as crazy as the people on Twitter. I’m not Laurence Fishburne.”
After the interview, Rubin apologized, saying, “I indicated to Samuel that I’d seen him during the Super Bowl, and he thought that I had confused him with the commercial Laurence Fishburne had done for a car company. Of course, a “Captain America” ad had also run during the Super Bowl, but I immediately felt so dumb, I didn’t bring that up and he gave me the shellacking that was well deserved.”
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse