Obamacare sign-ups jump to 3.3 million
Americans continued to sign up for health insurance through the Obamacare exchanges in January, with 1.1 million people picking plans in the state and federal exchanges.
The non-partisan Congressional Budget Office last week projected that 6 million people would enroll in the exchanges for coverage for 2014.
That estimate was previously downgraded from 7 million because of the vast technical problems that plagued the initial roll out of the exchanges.
Not all of the 3.3 million people have paid for their plans. Insurers said only about 80% have sent in their first month’s premium. Those who don’t pay will see their plan choice voided, leaving them uninsured. Officials from the Department of Health and Human Services did not have a figure for the share who have paid.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger