Former Thunder guard’s attorney speaks out after charges were dropped
OKLAHOMA CITY – The attorney representing a former Thunder player accused of beating his ex-girlfriend speaks out about the case.
On Wednesday, prosecutors dropped felony charged against DeAndre Liggins.
Last year, police arrested Liggins after he and a friend allegedly beat the victim in front of her 2-year-old son.
Liggins allegedly threw the woman from her bed, punched her and then hit her in the head with an Xbox.
Prosecutors confirm a misdemeanor charge for domestic abuse will be filed soon.
According to the district attorney, the alleged victim has moved out of the state, changed her story and refused to cooperate with the investigation.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse