Woman legally changes name from Sheila to ‘Sexy;’ ‘Sparkle and Sinder’ also considered
LICKING COUNTY, Ohio – Sheila Ranea Crabtree of Pataskala, Ohio, is Sexy with a capital ‘S.’
That’s not hyperbole. It’s not an opinion. It’s not an exaggeration. It’s a fact.
The 41-year-old former photographer legally changed her name to Sexy Ranea (pronounced Renee) Crabtree Tuesday morning at the Licking County courthouse.
Crabtree, who has gone by her middle name since high school, says her first name came from her father, whom she has only seen a handful of times in her life.
She insists the change was not rooted in any sort of rebellion.
“I’ve always hated Sheila” she told CNN. “Now I am free from that ugly name.”
Crabtree said her husband loves her new name, which she chose over Sparkle and Sinder, because Sexy “suited (her) personality.”
When asked what her mother would be calling her, she didn’t hesitate. “Sexy Ranea.”
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him