Sochi’s warm weather expected to drop slightly
SOCHI – Temperatures at the Winter Olympics hit a relatively warm 64 degrees Saturday.
The unseasonably warm weather at the Rosa Khutor mountain resort is a delight for fans but a concern for athletes.
One Slovakian athlete says it’s too hot to compete.
Tomas Hasilla a bi-athlete from Slovakia said “We race at night, late, at 6 or 8 p.m., so it’s good. Only these athletes, cross-country skiing, their races are in the middle of the day, so they have problems with warmth.”
The mild temperatures have left many competitors complaining about poor snow conditions, and the number of tumbles across events appeared to back them up.
But fans seem to enjoy the warmth. Many people were seen sunbathing outside the Austria team house today.
In the coming days temperatures are expected to drop slightly and rainfall is possible.
Stay up to date with the Winter Games schedule here.
Be sure to check out our Olympic Zone where you can meet the athletes, tour the venues, check-out the new sporting events and even get some Team USA workout tips.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse