Mom delivers 12-pound, 6.5 ounce baby boy
WYOMING – A Wyoming family has welcomed an unusually large bundle of joy.
Damien Nelms weighed in at 12 pounds, 6.5 ounces when he was born at Wyoming Medical Center in Casper Tuesday.
Damien was delivered through natural birth a little after 1:00 p.m.
“He’s the biggest baby that I know of in 30 years,” said nurse Carla Poot.
Not so little Damien is already half the size of his 22-month-old sister.
The average baby weighs between 7 and 8 pounds at birth, said Dr. Samuel Vigneri, who delivered Damien.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger