UPDATE: Man arrested for murder identified after shooting at Norman apartment
UPDATE: Authorities said they arrested 22-year-old Ethan Johnson Spruill for first-degree murder after the shooting at a Norman apartment complex overnight.
Police said 22-year-old Aaron Donelle McCray, Jr. was killed in the shooting on the 1800 block of Cherry Stone just after 10:30 p.m.
The Cleveland County District Attorney is waiting on the medical examiner to confirm how McCray died before filing formal charges.
NORMAN, Okla. – One man is dead, another is in custody after a shooting at a Norman apartment complex.
Police say it started as a disturbance between neighbors. Witnesses say they heard one neighbor go downstairs, knock on another neighbor’s door and then shots were fired.
Police say they are still investigating and do not know why one neighbor shot the other.
Residents at the complex say there had been some issues in the past with the neighbor who was shot.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger