Son of the Iconic Jim Henson dies at 48
John Henson, a son of the late, great children’s entertainment visionary Jim Henson — died after a “sudden, massive heart attack,” his family’s company said.
The Jim Henson Company announced the death of the 48-year-old son of its iconic founder in a Facebook post Saturday.
He died Friday while at home with one of his two daughters, the post said. John Henson is also survived by his wife, Gyongyi, and his siblings Lisa, Cheryl, Brian and Heather.
Two other members of his family had top jobs in their father’s namesake company, with Brian Henson as chairman and Lisa Henson as CEO.
John Henson is listed prominently as one of five members of “the Henson family” on the company’s website.
John Henson served as a shareholder and board member of The Jim Henson Company.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online