UPDATE: Body of girl found in suspect’s home, thought to be missing 10-year-old Hailey
UPDATE: The family has confirmed the body of 10-year-old Hailey Owens who was reported missing has been found Wednesday, according to Springfield’s KY3.
Officials said the body of a girl was found in the suspect’s Springfield home but have not confirmed it is that of Hailey Owens.
Authorities said 45-year-old Craig Michael Wood is in custody in Missouri on first-degree murder charges.
Officials are working to learn more about Wood.
According to Missouri’s KTVI, Wood was a paraprofessional, or teacher’s aide, in the Springfield School District.
He also served as an athletic coach.
District officials said Wood has worked for the district since 1998.
Hailey was reported missing at about 5 p.m. Tuesday and authorities issued an Amber Alert.
A neighbor says a man went up to Hailey to talk to her, then grabbed her and threw her in his truck.
However, family members said they don’t know the man.
Authorities said they believed the suspect, Wood, was on the way to Oklahoma Tuesday night but they weren’t sure where in the state.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'