UPDATE: Police arrest alleged robbery suspect after nine hour standoff
OKLAHOMA CITY – Authorities in Oklahoma City say they have taken a man into custody following a nine hour standoff on the northwest side of town.
Police blocked off the Village on the Lake apartment complex, located near the 9100 block of N. MacArthur Blvd., shortly after 12:30 p.m. after bail bondsmen were trying to apprehend a suspect on Tuesday afternoon.
Capt. Dexter Nelson, with the Oklahoma City Police Department, says those bondsmen were trying to get a hold of a suspect who has several warrants related to robberies.
When he spotted law enforcement, police say he went back inside an apartment.
Nelson said, “When they attempted to serve the warrant, the individual attempted to go out the window of the second story. He saw the bondsmen and went back inside. They believe there are other people there that we don’t consider hostages.”
When children arrived home from school, they were diverted to the office as the standoff continued.
Officers say the standoff came to an end after they broke into the apartment and found him hiding.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse