Very high fire danger today for warmest day of the week
Today will be the warmest day of the week.
Temperatures will climb to the 70s this afternoon under mostly sunny skies.
OKC’s forecast high will be nearing the record of 78 degrees set back in 1986.
Strong winds out of the southwest will combine with a low relative humidity causing a very high fire danger.
Clouds increase tomorrow ahead of our next storm system. A few thunderstorms are possible for central and eastern Oklahoma mainly in the evening through Thursday morning.
Severe weather is not expected.
A front will move through Thursday morning and strong northerly winds will follow.
As a result, highs will drop closer to normal in the 50s.
A bigger cool down is expected early next week with a chance for rain. Stay tuned for the latest!
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse