Evon Parker from Moore won an underground storm shelter and you could be next
MOORE, Okla. Evon Parker knows a lot about severe weather in Oklahoma.
In 1999, the devastating Moore tornado missed her house by four blocks. She hid inside a closet when that twister got close.
Fortunately, Parker won’t have to do that anymore because she won an underground tornado shelter from Thunderground Storm Shelters and NewsChannel 4. “I was so excited to win. I won’t have to go to my neighbors house to get into a shelter, I’ll have my own,” said Parker.
You can win a tornado shelter from Thunderground Storm Shelters by watching NewsChannel 4 weeknights at 6:00.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him