First African-American student applies to OU, paves way for future generations
OKLAHOMA CITY – In 1946, Ada Sipuel Fisher applied for admission to the University of Oklahoma.
She was the first African-American to do so, even though it was against the law for blacks to go to school with whites in the State of Oklahoma.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'