First African-American student applies to OU, paves way for future generations
OKLAHOMA CITY – In 1946, Ada Sipuel Fisher applied for admission to the University of Oklahoma.
She was the first African-American to do so, even though it was against the law for blacks to go to school with whites in the State of Oklahoma.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich