Could glow in the dark antlers save a reindeer’s life?
FINLAND – Up to 5,000 reindeer are killed by cars every year in Finland.
In the latest attempt to prevent the road deaths, herders are spraying reindeer antlers with fluorescent dye.
Herders attempted to help by using reflective tape, but that didn’t work.
But if the dye continues to stick to the animal’s antlers then it could be a solution to the problem.
The dye must stay on the antlers until the fall.
The antlers of 20 reindeer are being sprayed in the newest experiment.
Some of 200,000 reindeer roam northern Finland according to reports.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- 'Super' exercise helps mother lose 110 pounds, secret in 'core'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom