President Barack Obama loses beer bet
When the U.S. and Canada face off Friday in a men’s showdown at the Sochi Winter Olympic Games, there’s more than just bragging rights on the line. There’s beer.
President Barack Obama and Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper made a Twitter wager Thursday, with each betting a case of beer from their country.
That bet included the women’s championship game that took place between the neighboring countries Thursday, but the U.S. lost in overtime, leaving at least one case of American beer to be sent north across the border.
The men’s teams square off Friday in the semi-finals. The winner of that game will go on to the final against the winner of the semi-final between Finland and Sweden.
Be sure to check out our Olympic Zone where you can meet the athletes, tour the venues, check-out the new sporting events and even get some Team USA workout tips.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online