Authorities arrest Mexican drug Kingpin Joaquin Guzman
MEXICO – One of the world’s most wanted men, Mexican Drug Kingpin Joaquin Guzman, has been captured in Mexico.
Guzman was in the coastal town of Mazatlan with a female and was arrested without resistance.
The apprehension comes after a DEA led operation in collaboration with the Mexican marines.
Guzman, known as “El Chapo”, faces multiple drug trafficking indictments in the United States and is on the DEA’s most wanted list.
He is alleged to control a drug empire that stretches throughout North America and reaches as far away as Europe and Australia.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns