Bias Bails Out Cowgirls at Texas Tech
Texas Tech’s women’s basketball team was starving for a win, having lost all 14 conference games so far this season.
For a brief moment Sunday at United Spirit Arena in Lubbock, Texas, it looked like the Lady Raiders would get their first Big 12 win.
But Oklahoma State senior point guard Tiffany Bias drove the length of the court to hit the game-winning layup with one second left, lifting OSU to a 63-62 win over Texas Tech.
The Lady Raiders had taken a 62-61 lead when Amber Battle scored on a layup, drew a foul, and hit a free throw with 7 seconds left to give Tech the lead.
Bias led OSU with 22 points.
Liz Donohoe added 17 points, while LaShawn Jones had 12 points and 9 rebounds.
The Cowgirls improved to 21-5 on the season, 10-5 in conference play.
OSU hosts Iowa State on Wednesday night at 7:00.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse