Alleged drunk driver arrested after Oklahoma City high-speed chase, ditching shotgun
OKLAHOMA CITY – An alleged drunk driver is behind bars after leading police on a high-speed chase through south Oklahoma City overnight.
The chase ended with the suspect, 29-year-old Raymundo Vargas Quintanilla, spinning out near S.W. 24th St. and Penn.
Officials said they tried to pull over a driver near 25th and Kentucky when the car took off.
They used a tactical maneuver to stop the car but the suspect ran from the vehicle and ditched a sawed off shotgun.
Deputies arrested the suspect and found open containers of alcohol in his car.
The suspect, who has not been identified, is expected to face multiple charges including driving under the influence.
*Aggravated eluding a peace officer
*Possession of sawed off shotgun
*Operate a motor vehicle without a license
*Obstructing an officer
*Left of center
*Transporting an open container
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him