Lawmakers push to raise minimum wage
House Democrats plan to try to force a vote this afternoon on raising the federal minimum wage.
Lawmakers say they’ll use a procedural move known as a Discharge Petition to attempt to bring the issue to a vote in the Republican-controlled chamber.
The maneuver would come a day after Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid pushed back a vote on minimum wage blaming Republican obstruction for jamming the Senate calendar.
Reid now expects a vote in the chamber to happen in late March or sometime in April.
Democrats are attempting to raise the minimum wage to $10.10 an hour.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him